During your initial appointment, you'll meet with our expert staff who will discuss your medical history and conduct a physical exam.
Be prepared to discuss your allergies and symptoms. This initial consultation occurs before each allergy test, as well as sinus consultations.
During the process, we will:
- discuss your health history and how allergies have affected you
- discuss any additional symptoms you may be experiencing
- perform a quick scope of the sinuses to screen for structural issues
- conduct the first phase of the allergy test on your forearms, both sides (wearing short sleeves is recommended)
- examine results of the first phase, and possibly move to a second phase of the test with subcutaneous injections in the upper arm (to rule out false negatives from phase one)
- review results with your provider
- identify the top allergens causing negative reactions
- discuss recommended treatment options to help you get back to living allergy-free!
Additionally, your provider may recommend a CT scan of the sinuses if the sinus scope reveals structural issues. We offer in-house CT scanning, so no need for additional appointments or travel!
The CT scan takes just a few minutes, and again you will be able to review your results right there with your provider.
If you can, complete the New Patient Packet online before your visit. This can help save time during your appointment. If you are unable to complete this, please note it will add 15-20 minutes to your total appointment time.
Also, you can access our patient portal here to complete our patient health history form.
Be sure to review the list of prohibited medications below before receiving the allergy test and discontinue for three days prior to your test date any:
- antihistamines (daily over-the-counter allergy medicines)
- tricyclic antidepressants
- other medications listed here
Additionally, please stop taking any beta blockers 24 hours before the test.
Our New Patient Packet allows you to complete on-boarding paperwork in advance, saving you time during your visit to the clinic.
This packet includes a symptom questionnaire, a disclosure and consent form, and medical history form. Set aside 15-20 minutes to complete the packet.
Download, fill out, and e-mail all three pages to:
To view and edit PDF documents, we recommend Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded free from the Adobe website: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
There is a $50 fee for no-show appointments or appointments canceled with less than 24 hours notice. For procedure appointments there is a $150 cancellation fee. This will not be covered by your insurance company and must be paid prior to rescheduling.
If you're delayed and arrive more than 15 minutes past your scheduled appointment time, we may have to reschedule your visit for the next available time to ensure the safety and prompt care of every patient.
We understand there are times when you must miss an appointment due to unexpected circumstances. However, when you don't call to cancel an appointment, you may be preventing another patient from getting much-needed treatment.
Contact our office, and we will gladly walk you through any and all questions you may have: