We want to make sure your appointment is as successful as possible, which is why we ask that you avoid taking certain medications that may interfere with the effectiveness of your allergy test before coming in.
Wear short sleeves to your testing appointment. Please be sure to stop taking the following medications:
- All anti-histamines (Claritin, Allegra, Benadryl, Zyrtec, etc)
- Any sublingual immunotherapy allergy drops
- Allergy eye drops
- Tylenol PM
- Advil PM
- NyQuil any medication that may contain benadryl or antihistamines (please read your labels)
- All vitamins including multivitamins
- All Supplements (ie. Fish Oil, Melatonin, Protein Bars, Shakes, and concentrated juices, etc.)
- All Herbal Medication including herbal teas
If you are taking any prescription medications, please give us a call to consult with our medical team. They can assess and identify any issues with your medication that could interfere with testing.
These medications include:
Blood pressure medications
And other prescription medications
Call us at 512-628-5989.
Please let us know if you have ever been to the emergency room or used an Epipen for a severe allergic reaction of any kind.
Avoid strenuous exercise for the remainder of the day after testing.
Contact our office, and we will gladly walk you through any and all questions you may have.
You can also send us a message through our contact page.